Education is of prime importance for any economy to grow and flourish. Even after so many policies and procedures, the literacy rate of our nation has still not gone up to 100%. Getting a child admitted into a school is a big task and there is a lot of pressure on the kids as well as the parents. People who apply for admissions through EWS or DG quota face the maximum brunt. The Delhi Government in coordination with the Directorate of Education is in the process to hold the admissions under these categories for the classes of Nursery, KG and Class I. This shall be under the Delhi School Education Act and Rules, 1973. The schools are also directed to keep the seats reserved for the EWS/DG categories so that the education could be imparted.
Here in this article, you will get the answers to all your queries related to EWS/DG Admissions
What exactly is EWS/DG?
It is a program launched by the government to ensure that the economically weaker sections and the disadvantaged group can get the advantage of education. The fees of EWS/DG category is waived off. The EWS or the economically weaker sections are those families whose annual income is lesser than 1 Lakh. While applying for admission an income proof or a certificate would also be required to submit. DG refers to the disadvantaged group and people belonging to Non Creamy Layer (OBC, SC, ST) can apply along with disabled, transgender and orphans.
The Government intends to take the education and the literacy score to a new level. According to the statistics from the Directorate of Education (DOE) in the academic session of 2017-18, the number of seats vacant under the EWS Category were 31,653, however, the number of applications received were 1, 13,991.
This program begins on the 1st of January 2018 wherein the private schools will start taking in children under the scheme. A minimum of 25% of the seats are reserved for the children falling into EWS/DG Category.
Eligibility Criteria for EWS/DG Admission
The number of vacant seats is unknown but 25% of the seats are reserved for EWS/DG categories in every private school. The admissions under the EWS/DG Category will commence after the general category are done with. The below mentioned are the eligibility criteria for the EWS/DG Admissions:
- The parents who want to make use of the EWS/DG admission scheme must be residents of Delhi.
- The annual income of the parents should be maximum of 1 Lakh.
- The age limits for the Nursery, KG, and the class I are defined as under:
- Nursery – 3 years to 5 years as on 31st March 2018
- KG – 4 years to 6 years as on 31st March 2018
- Class I – 5 years to 7 years as on 31st March 2018
EWS/DG Admission Process
To ensure the transparency of the program, the entire process is made available online. Based on the count of applications there would be a lucky draw just like there is a lottery system. This lottery system is computerized hence you can be assured of transparency and no false play. Two lists of the selected candidates would be finalized and put up on notice boards in the schools.
Admission Schedule for the Academic Session 2018-19
The Admission process shall begin on the 10th January 2018 and the application forms for the same would also be available from the same date. The last day to submit the application form in the schools would be 31st January 2018. The first list selected candidates of Delhi Lottery result would be put up on the notice boards by 28th February 2018. The second list would be displayed on 15th March 2018. The admission process completes and closes on 31st March 2018. Any modification to the dates would be posted on https://www.ewsadmissionresults.in.
Documents required for EWS/DG Admission
- Documents required for EWS Categories:
- Income certificate as issued by the Revenue-officer who is at the rank of Tehsildar and above.
- BPL/AAY/ Food Security Card issued by Food and Civil Supply Department, Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
- Documents required for DG Categories:
- Certificate of SC/ST/OBC issued by the Revenue-officer who is at the rank of Tehsildar and above. Recognized by the Government of NCT of Delhi.
- Documentary evidence in case of Transgender and Orphan.
- Certificate of Government hospital in case of children who are disabled or have special needs.
How to apply for EWS/DG Admission?
The registration would be the first step for the application for the EWS/DG Admission. For registration of your ward, submit the general details who intend to take admission in Nursery, KG and Class I. Read the instructions carefully before registration and after successfully registering the details a user ID and password would be given so that you can fill up the online EWS Application form.
Step by step guide for registration
- Visit the official website http://www.edudel.nic.in/ and click on the link of Registration on the top right hand side corner of the page.
- Make sure that you have your Annual income certificate ready because you would need to disclose the same during the registration.
- Select the Class for which you are seeking the registration and fill in the required details before clicking on Register.
- After this step, you would get a registration number or the user name along with the password and you will also receive the same in the form of text on your registered number.
These registration details are important as these would be required for future use as well so keep them safe and secure.
Online Application form
If you have successfully completed the registration process, you can now fill up the EWS/DG online application form. Before you start filling up the online form, make sure that you have the relevant documents and the registration number and password.
Step by Step guide to fill up the online application form
- Filling of details – Fill in the personal details such as address, pin code, details of parents or guardians. Fill all the details carefully and click preview before submitting.
- Please note – once you submit the details you would not be able to edit or change the information and you will have to proceed to the second step.
- Choice of school – In this step, you will find out all the schools within the radius of 0-1 kilometers of your residence. Choose and select carefully and click on the add button as per your preference. As a matter of fact, you may use as many schools as you like.
- Please note – in case you want to modify the choice of schools, you can go back to step 2 or else move to step 3.
- Choice of school – 1-3 kilometers – This step is similar to step no 2 wherein you would find the schools within the 1-3 kilometer radius of your residence. Choose them as per your requirement and move on the step 4.
- Choice of school – 3-6 kilometer – Another step similar to step no 2 and 3, you would find schools around 3-6 kilometer radius of your residence. Choose, submit and move to step 5.
- Choice of School – Above 6 kilometers – In this step, you would find the schools listed within the radius of 6 and more than 6 kilometers of your residence. Choose the schools and move to step 6.
- Final Submission and print – The entire application form will open in front of you and you can press Submit if you are satisfied. After submitting the form once, you won’t be able to change or modify the same. So make sure that you are filling up the details accurately and all the schools are being added as per your preference. After you submit the form, you can take a print out of the EWS nursery admission form. All the details entered by you shall be displayed on the print out.
How to check for the EWS/DG Results?
The result of nursery admission as well as KG and Class I of EWS/DG would be announced in two phases through lucky lottery draw on 28th February 2018 and 15th March 2018. These results would also be displayed on the official website of the Directorate of Education http://www.edudel.nic.in/. Schools will also be allotted through this lottery draw and the applicants then need to report to these allotted schools.
Step by Step Guide to check the results online
- Visit the official website http://www.edudel.nic.in/ and click on EWS/DG Admissions
- After this click on EWS/DG Result 2018-19 and fill in the required details to submit.
- You would now be able to check the result of your ward.
Latest news and Notification
All the schools will now need to share the EWS/DG admission details through their notice boards. It is done in order to ensure that the entire process is being followed without any loopholes. The Government of Delhi as well as Directorate of Education seek and protect the right adherence of the entire p